Deer Guest Mix for Purple Sneakers on FBi Click
We’re almost ready to wrap up 2015, but not without going out with a bang via our FBi Click radio show! We’ve got two HEAVY mixes to take you into the new year, and first up is the dark, groove laden beats of Melbourne’s DEER.
He’s the kind of producer who “has absolutely no trouble when it comes to making forward thinking club music that commandeers your attention from the first note.” This analysis comes off the back of two emotionally charged and silky original productions, both of which not only feature perfect production but also have been picked up by DJs, blogs and radio stations the country over.
But just because DEER has been making music to make you cry-dance the pain away, don’t think his mix for us will be the same. Showing off the wealth of influences that go into the project, Hitchcock delivers half an hour of hard hitting club tracks, with a splattering of Trap, Hip-Hop, Grime, R&B and Future Club reminiscent of his recent set at this year’s Paradise Music Festival.
2016 is looking bright for DEER and we’re happy to give you a preview into it right now.
- Ryuichi Sakamoto – Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence (Deer’s never coming back edit)
- Mally Mally – If It Wasn’t ft. Migos & Young Egypt
- P.O.L.Style – Saw (Neana Remix)
- Kelela – Rewind [prod by Kingdom, Nugget & Kelela]
- Drake – Pound Cake ft Jay-Z (DjTray & Kayy Drizz Remix)
- Mikeq & Dj Sliink Feat. Miss Jay – The Bitch
- Henrik The Artist – Am I Rong
- Chris Brown – Show Me (K-Duecez x Gutta Rmx)
- Vapour dog – CrankThatOneMoreTime
- Deer – Cry For Help
- Stricty & TryTry – All For You
- 50 Cent – Disco Inferno (iMarkkeyz Remix)
- Mark Ronson – Uptown Funk (C-HiM Remix)
- Cashmere Cat – With Me
- Strict Face – Rouge Park
Words by Tom Hutchins