World’s End Press Guest Mix for Purple Sneakers on FBi Click
If you were thinking that this exclusive WORLD’S END PRESS mix would be a bright and sunshine pop explosion – you are waaaaay off. We’re getting much darker with the Melbourne trio.
They’ve shown glimpses of a more house and techno oriented influence on the new EP, Tall Stories, but the familiar and soothing top-lines on the EP’s singles keep World’s End Press on the edge of tipping over into the dark abyss of heavy club music. For their Guest Mix however, those pop elements are thrown away to reveal the band’s love of dark spaces, deep sounds and driving beats.
The half an hour mix features cuts from STATUE, Simon Baker, Fort Romeau and more, blending house grooves, with heavy bass and industrial electronica. Is this the future for World’s End Press? Either way it goes, we’re in love with this band.
- Fort Romeau – Cloche (Tuff City Kids Marimbeat Mix)
- Red Axes – Waiting for a Surprise
- Truss Me – I Want You (Alan Fitzpatrick Remix)
- Kink – Cloud Generator
- World’s End Press – Tall Stories (Storeys Tall STATUE Reconstruction)
- Simon Baker Presents BKR Project – Flirt
- Underground Resistance – Transition
EDITOR MIX TRACKLIST (October 13)
- Honey Dijon & Tim K ft John Mendlesohn – Thunda
- Cassian – Feel It
- Beni – Another You
- Disclosure – Hourglass ft. Lion Babe
- Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons – We Will Return (Serge Devant Remix)
- Bodhi – Howler (Extended Edit)
Tall Stories EP is out now. You can catch World’s End Press at either of their remaining EP launch dates:
Saturday 17 October | Howler, Melbourne
Saturday 24 October | Young Muscle at Rocket Bar, Adelaide