PREMIERE: Parachute Youth ‘Aussie November Mix’
Melbourne Sweat It Out! duo PARACHUTE YOUTH have recently announced the forthcoming release of their new single ‘Runaway’. As we await its arrival, the boys have been productive elsewhere as they’ve constructed this monster Australian mix for the month of November!
Kicking off with the true blue sounds of an outback Aussie backyard, Parachute Youth have very, very subtly followed this with a sneak preview of ‘Runaway’. Barely sticking it out for us to even really grasp, the single is swept out with the anthemic synths of The Swiss‘ ‘Connect’. That build is kept in tact, as the Midnight Juggernauts‘ 2010 single ‘Shadows’ takes over next on this Australian electronic relay.
With Bag Raiders‘ feel good jam ‘Shooting Stars’ flattering the space before the smooth reworking of Cosmo’s Midnight‘s ‘The Dofflin’ by Sydney man Wave Racer, you start to develop the knowledge that this playlist facilitates to a bunch of favourite Australian tracks from both 2013, as well as years that are now behind us.
The beauty of this is that we throw ourselves back to the time that some of these singles were released, and realise their high rotation at the time is identical to those that have dropped this year from acts such as Flume, Ta-ku, Touch Sensitive and Rufus; promising very prosperous futures for the careers of these exceptionally talented artists.
Throw in the odd Parachute Youth tune in here and there (such as ‘Count To Ten’ and Sam La More‘s remix of ‘Can’t Get Better Than This’) and you have a substantially important selection of songs that have together helped amount to the Australian dance/electronic music scene that we know and love today.
Parachute Youth‘s new single ‘Runaway’ will be released on 16th January via Sweat It Out! Music.
AUSSIE NOVEMBER MIX TRACKLIST
- The Backyard
- Parachute Youth ‘Runaway Teaser’
- The Swiss ‘Connect’
- Midnight Juggernauts ‘Shadows’
- Bag Raiders ‘Shooting Stars’
- Cosmo’s Midnight ‘The Dofflin’ (Wave Racer Remix)
- Cut Copy ‘Hearts On Fire’
- Ta-Ku ‘I Miss You’
- Yahtzel ‘High With Me’
- Empire of the Sun ‘We Are The People’
- Parachute Youth ‘Count To Ten’
- Flume ‘Sleepless’
- Touch Sensitive ‘Pizza Guy’ (Emoh Instead Re-Edit)
- Sneaky Sound System ‘Pictures’ (Tonite Only Remix)
- Miami Horror ft. Kimbra ‘I Look To You’
- Parachute Youth ‘Can’t Get Better Than This’ (Sam La More Remix)
- PNAU ft. Ladyhawke ‘Embrace’
- Van She ‘Idea of Happiness’ (What So Not Remix)
- The Presets ‘Youth in Trouble’
- Motez ‘Ride Roof Back’
- Rufus ‘Desert Night’ (Motez Remix)
Words by Hannah Galvin.