TOP FIVES: Elizabeth Rose
Hailing from Sydney, 22-year-old electronic-pop producer ELIZABETH ROSE, is one of 2012’s most talked-about new artists.
Layering astral beats, shadowy samples and lofty pop melodies, ROSE has experienced a meteoric rise since bursting onto the scene last year. Quickly picked up by the honed ears at Sydney’s FBI Radio and Triple J Unearthed, it wasn’t long before her self-produced demos and collaboration with producer Dr. Don Don, “Never Fear”, were being flogged across national airwaves.
Soon enough, ELIZABETH was being invited to play festivals including Parklife, Harvest, Peats Ridge NYE Festival, and Field Day, not to mention tour with New York’s CHAIRLIFT, and lend her distinct production to remixes for FLIGHT FACILITIES and JINJA SAFARI. Now comes her debut EP ‘Crystallise’ featuring the collaboration Rose did with UK producer SINDEN on her current single ‘Again’, which is set for a UK and US release on his label Grizzly Nov 26.
Seeing as we’ve got her performing live at our CANT SAY MELBOURNE this Friday we thought we’d grill ELIZABETH ROSE for her Top Fives in music. Here we go…
Top 5 Albums
- Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto – Summvs
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Trouble
- Pantha Du Prince – Black Noise
- Cocteau Twins – Heaven or Las Vegas
- The Knife – Shaking the Habitual (I got to listen to the album before interviewing them back in Feb and it is AMAZING)
Top 5 Australian Artists
- Jagwar Ma
- Tame Impala
Top 5 Tracks You Have On Repeat Now
- Ornette – Crazy (Nôze remix)
- Gemini – Robots (Chrome Sparks remix)
- Susanne Sundfor – White Foxes
- Dr Dru – Foolish
- Blawan – Peaches (Freestone)
Top 5 Gigs You’ve Been To
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs @ OAF 2012…..best show I’ve been to
- Chemical Brothers @ Entertainment Centre 2008
- James Blake @ Metro Theatre 2011
- Jamie xx @ Goodgod 2012
- Chairlift @ OAF 2012
Top 5 Places To Go For A Night Out In Melbourne/Australia/The World –
- Chocolate Buddha [PICTURED ABOVE] in Melbourne.. love Japanese cuisine
- Goodgod Smallclub in Sydney is prob my fav live venue… and The Dip restaurant out front is so fun!
- Bay 88 just behind the cross in Syd…. amazing food!!
- Cockatoo Island in Sydney!!!! Went there for the first time the other week… at a warehouse party, and they have the most amazing authentic italian wood fire pizza bar.
- I’m going to leave this an empty space because I’m on the hunt for another great place to go for a night out!
Top 5 Music/Entertainment Websites (apart from Purple Sneakers of course!)
- Hype Machine, I like to find new tracks off here
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs Tumblr
- In The Mix
- Music Feeds
Top 5 Songs To Lose Your Virginity To
- Animal Collective ‘Bluish’
- Oni Ayhun ‘OAR003-B’
- Sebastien Tellier ‘La Ritournelle’
- Slowdive ‘Alison’
- The Chemical Brothers ‘Swoon’