The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends Track Listing
Oh God, I’m more excited now about Record Store Day, April 21st, than I was when we found out about the Bon Iver– THE FLAMING LIPS collaboration. Why? Because the gossip turning around the rumour mill was true. The Flaming Lips are making music with everyone’s drunken guilty pleasure, Ke$ha. And here’s the full track listing for the album, The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends.
Our very own psychedelic rockers Tame Impala have jumped onto The Flaming Lips’ travelling bandwagon, adding their unique talents to what is set to be a surprising and eclectic vinyl release.
The track I’m most looking forward to is of course, number 7, ‘You, Man? Human?’- can’t go past homegrown sex symbol, Nick Cave (IT’S TRUE. HE’S A MUSICIAN AND A WRITER, GUYS: THAT’S SEXY). Plus then you’ve got guffaw-worthy titles like ‘I’m Working At NASA On Acid’; I don’t think The Flaming Lips can do wrong. And remember in the immortal words of Mr. Coyne, “no 2 discs will look exactly alike.” They’re multi-coloured records within custom art jackets. These babies are rare and beautiful.
1. 2012 (featuring Ke$ha and Biz Markie)
2. Ashes In The Air (featuring Bon Iver)
3. Helping The Retarded To Know God (featuring Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
4. Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee (featuring Prefuse 73)
5. Children Of The Moon (featuring Tame Impala)
6. That Ain’t My Trip (featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)
7. You, Man? Human? (featuring Nick Cave)
8. I’m Working At NASA On Acid (featuring Lightning Bolt)
9. Do It! (featuring Yoko Ono)
10. Is David Bowie Dying? (featuring Neon Indian)
11. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (featuring Erykah Badu)
12. Thunder Drops (featuring New Fumes)
13. I Don’t Want You To Die (featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay)
Words by Hannah Story. Check out our flashback post on THE FLAMING LIPS HERE.